Deccan Institute of Commerce was established on 1st June, 1918 by the late G.K. Bhopatkar.
There were only 3 students when the Institute was established. The Institute was registered as Society in the year 1925. Initially the courses of D.Com and the Accountancy Courses of London Chamber of Commerce and The Institute of Book keepers were being conducted. Guruvarya S.H. Dhupkar joined the Institute in 1930 and conducted the classes and all the subjects single handedly as Mr. G.K. Bhopatkar had left the Institute for a brief period of ten years.
In 1952 the Institute was registered as a Charitable Trust with the office of Charity Commissioner. The Institute undertook various activities in the education field.
In response to changes in the educational structure and considering the increasing need of education in the Information Technology sector the Institute started its computer section Various courses in the IT sector such as MS-CIT, Tally ( Financial Accounting ) KLiC Diploma etc. are being conducted by the Institute. The Institute is an Authorized Training Center of Maharashtra Knowledge Corporation Ltd. and also Authorized Tally Academy.
In addition the Institute has started the English medium per-primary, primary and Secondary School called KIDS WORLD at Nigadi Pradhikaran.
- Tally ERP- 9
- Certificate course in Direct and Indirect Taxes